Sometimes when I need a little motivation to keep moving forward, I like to look to those who have either come before me or those I live amongst here on Earth today. I’ve created a list of some of my favorite inspirational quotes to keep going from these people so I can share them with you. Anytime you need a little help to get one foot in front of the other again, look to this list. I hope there are at least a few that call out to you when you need them most.
Inspirational Quotes to Keep Going
- “There is always light, if only we’re brave enough to see it. If only we’re brave enough to be it.” – Amanda Gorman
- “Don’t resist the growing pains, push through them. ” – Germany Kent
- “Courage – you develop courage by doing small things like just as if you wouldn’t want to pick up a 100-pound weight without preparing yourself.” – Maya Angelou.
- “Don’t worry about the challenges. Get excited about the rewards of crushing them.” – Hiral Nagda
- “If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
- “Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.” – Harriet Tubman.
- “Don’t wait around for other people to be happy for you. Any happiness you get, you’ve got to make yourself.” – Alice Walker.
- “Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Appreciate your friends. Continue to learn. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.” – Mary Anne Radmacher.
- Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can. – Arthur Ashe
- “You are your best thing.” -Toni Morrison
- My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. – Hank Aaron.
- “Now that I knew fear, I also knew it was not permanent. As powerful as it was, its grip on me would loosen. It would pass.” –Louise Erdrich, The Round House
- “Have faith in your skills, negative thoughts kill. Self-doubt will kill your dreams before others do. Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will.” –Suzy Kassem.
- “All of us, at some time or other, need help. Whether we’re giving or receiving help, each one of us has something valuable to bring to this world. That’s one of the things that connects us as neighbors–in our own way, each one of us is a giver and a receiver.” – Mr.Rogers.
- If you don’t make the time to work on creating the life you want, you’re eventually going to be forced to spend a LOT of time dealing with a life you DON’T want.” – Kevin Ngo.
- “Love isn’t about what we did yesterday; it’s about what we do today and tomorrow and the day after.” – Grace Lee Boggs.
- “The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity. The fears are paper tigers. You can do anything you decide to do. You can act to change and control your life; and the procedure, the process is its own reward.” – Amelia Earhart.
- “We all know how loving ends. But I want to fall in love with the world anyway, to let it crack me open. I want to feel what there is to feel while I am here.” – John Green, The Anthropocene Reviewed
- Read books. Care about things. Get excited. Try not to be too down on yourself. Enjoy the ever-present game of knowing. – Hank Green.
- “I realized that I don’t have to be perfect. All I have to do is show up and enjoy the messy, imperfect, and beautiful journey of my life.” – Kerry Washington.
- “I really don’t think life is about the I-could-have-beens. Life is only about the I-tried-to-do. I don’t mind the failure, but I can’t imagine that I’d forgive myself if I didn’t try.” – Nikki Giovanni.
- “Just don’t give up what you’re trying to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don’t think you can go wrong.” – Ella Fitzgerald.
I hope you find these inspirational quotes to keep going… well, a reason to keep going. Baby steps. Big leaps. Just keep moving forward any way you can. Your future self will thank you for it.